Friday, October 2, 2009

"What Do You Choose?"

Tonight we drove out to a remote part of town and parked our car in the pitch blackness. The whole family, looking up into the vast array of God's magnificent cosmos remarked, "How could anyone not believe in a Creator,the almighty God?" Millions of stars dotted the black sky and the Milky Way was close enough to touch. The reason we ventured out to explore the sky is, tonight and tomorrow night's sky's are prime for meteor showers.


Of course some prayers were said and the show was great!! Sky( my son) and I saw the most and my husband complained that he couldn't get focused quick enough. One meteor turned a bright orange before it singed the earth. This little excursion only made me realize how tiny we are compared to the universe and like David said, in Psalms 8:3 and 4.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars,which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him?? Basically this says.."Hey God, you are so huge and made such wonderful things..why do you even care that I exist, You are so big, "Why do you even remember ME..little ol' ME?"

Guess what people? He does..He cares so much for you that every hair on your head is numbered.. at all times, and let me tell you..the way my hair is falling out and breaking in this Arizona dryness, He must have a special "hair angel" keeping track of mine every second!! He knew you before you were in the womb..before you were born. How special is that? He knows when one little sparrow dies and he knows you and everything you think at all times.

Our Father is in us...Jesus said He abides in us..In Greek that means He makes his residence in us. He actually lives in us. When I get to feeling like He is not there and "does he really care?" I will remember the millions of stars I saw tonight and how my God said, I am more important to Him than everyone of those stars. That is so hard for me, as a human, to comprehend.Our God wants our love..that is why He made this world for us to come to..To choose. Are we going to love Him? or not. The great thing is, He gives us a choice!! He will never force himself on anyone..I think that is awesome! What do you choose? I choose life through Jesus Christ.
Blessings
Dee Hall

0 comments: