Friday, November 19, 2010

The Blessing of a Best Friend

You know, someone said to me one day,"I don't think I have ever had a best friend in my whole life" and it hit me like a ton of bricks, only because, I realized at that moment, I really had not either.
It made me evaluate what a real best friend would look like. As I pondered this thought, I realized again that friendship in this world is taken very lightly, and that when the road gets tough the tough get going.I started thinking of my best friend on this earth right now and how our friendship was faring. This is actually the person that had said the previous quote to me.
Here is what I came up with that has glued us together through some thick and thin times.
Each of us respect each others personality flaws, no one is perfect.
We love each other and can literally tell each other anything.
We really want the best for the other even if it hurts us in watching it be achieved.
We want the others happiness more than our own.
We can listen to each others opinions and yet have enough respect for one another to decline the option or not.
Being with each other is not always perfect, and yet when all is talked out we are back to what we are..best friends.
We are good when we are together and the laughter brings us through times where silence could kill us...
We both feel blessed beyond measure we have one another and promise we will always be there and not go when it gets tough.
We tell each other the hard things we do not want to hear about ourselves and sometimes get mad, but know it is for our own good...
I love you best friend and always will..you have taken me down some hard roads and held my hand through it all...
You are an amazing person and I KNOW you will always be there no matter what, and I will be there for you.
Because you are "The Blessing of a Best Friend"

0 comments: